Monday, November 24, 2008

Our First Days in Beijing

Well we finally made it to Beijing Saturday afternoon. Our flight had a total of 6 Fuling families on it and we got to know one another at the airport and during the flight. The girls range from age two to eight. Gracie is completely in all her glory with all these little girls. She is so happy to sing and dance and play with them all! It certainly makes me realize how important this trip is for her just to see the sheer happiness on her face!
The first morning, Sunday we were invited to the Ministry of Civil Affairs, who is in charge of international adoption where a very moving ceremony was held in honor of our girls. The ceremony was very nice and the girls and families were all given gifts. Lots and lots of media there. We were in newspapers and on the news here in China. When I find the link I will insert it for everyone to see. Gracie, Troy and I made it onto the news!
We then made our way to the Great Wall. We were very lucky, we got to see a different section of the wall. Troy and I elected to use the cable car this time with Gracie because there was just no way we would make it to the top with her in tow. Gracie was very excited to be on the Great Wall and loved going up and down the stairs while we were there. Once again the wall took Troy's and I's breath away! Absolutely amazing!
On Monday morning we went to Shei Hei Park which is across the street from the backside of the Forbidden City. In the park the mountain is made from the dirt dug from the moat around the Forbidden City. We climbed to the top and were blessed with an awesome view of the Forbidden City and surrounding Beijing.
We then went onto the CCAA and got a tour. Very interesting and sad at the same time as all the dossiers there are waiting for a match. Kristy I looked for your dossier to put on top on the pile, but I couldn't find it:(
We then flew to Chongqing and this morning we are going to see the pandas. Gracie is very excited! And then this afternoon we and going to the Civil Affairs office to review our children's files. I will post pictures in a bit as we are getting ready for breakfast and Gracie is starving!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh , I would have been a blithering idiot at the ceremony in all of the childrens honor!!1 I would bet my last dollar that Troy had a few tears in his eyes!!!lol

I am sorry that it took me a few days to get here, there have been alot of things going on here that I will feel you and Troy in when you get back home.

Thank you for looking for our dossier though!!!

When you get back I can't wait to see what the general feeling and attitude was at the CCAA. i can't wait to see your pictures. And I am so glad all of you are having a good time. Happy Thanksgiving!! And keep posting ok. I want to SEE pictures!!

Love and blessings, Kristy